Scrap In Style TV is currently on a search to find the most creative and cutting edge designers in the scrapbooking industry to be a part of their design team.
Scrap In Style TV is segment based and will focus not just on the crafting aspects of the hobby, but the lifestyle behind it. Creator and host Jeanette Herdman describes it as such, "it's definitely a craft show, but it's also part talk show and part reality show. We're going to showcase lots of great tips and techniques, but you'll also see interviews with well known scrapbooking designers and personal interest stories from some of our viewers."
We are launching ScrapInStyleTV.com in mid-May. This website will serve to promote the show and build brand awareness while we are pitching the show to cable networks. The website will feature "webisodes" of the show, member galleries, message boards, and a retail side that will carry our monthly kits.
The SISTV design team will not only be the team for the web site, but also for the show...the iTV version as well as the traditional broadcast version, if the show gets picked up by a network. The producers will rely heavily on the team for layout and project ideas for filming our weekly webisodes and our traditional broadcast episodes if and when that happens. (We've nicknamed them the "Lo Fi" and "Hi Fi" versions, respectively.) :)
Here's a breakdown of what is required from team members:
1. Each month, you must design at least one 8.5 x 11 and one 12 x 12 layout using the monthly kit that will be supplied to you each month, gratis.
2. Each month, you must submit at least two layout and/or project ideas to be considered for filming one of our weekly webisodes.
3. Work with Design Team head and other DT members to create contests and challenges for our members.
4. Frequent activity (message posting and layout posting) on our web site.
5. Promote SISTV whenever possible. Create a link on your blog and/or website if applicable.
6. This is a six month commitment, and it is exclusive to the extent that you may not be a regular design team member for any other kit clubs, or media driven scrapbooking web site (no other TV show, podcast site, etc).
7. There is a possibility of some travel to various events with this job. No one will be required to travel, but if you're asked to travel and you agree your expenses will be paid (additional compensation is negotiable).
8. There is always a chance that you may be asked to appear on a weekly webisode, depending on your location, or if you're at an event with us. If you absolutely do not want to appear on camera, please let us know in your submission. It won't affect your chances, but we would like to know ahead of time.
In return you will receive:
1. Each month you will receive our supply kit for free and a hand-selected goodie bag. You will also receive 40% off any add on kits we offer.
2. We will also pay $50 for each project or layout idea used in our filming. You will also receive a credit in the webisode.
3. If the show gets picked up and you are a current design team member, your agreement will be renegotiated to reflect your new role as a DT member for TV broadcast (we will probably retain members with a small salary as well as bonuses for aired projects).
There are a few more details that are still under wraps, but if this proposal sounds intriguing to you, please submit the following via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 1st, 2007. We will make the design team announcement on April 6th, 2007.
1. Photos or scans of three projects. Also send a link to any online gallery you may have. These projects do not have to be new or unpublished. We just want to see who you are as a designer.
2. Name, email address, physical address, phone number, blog or website URL if applicable.
3. Please answer the following questions for us, so we can get to know you better:
1. When did you begin scrapbooking and why?
2. Are you currently on or being considered for any other design teams right now?
3. About how much time per week do you spend on your hobby?
4. What is your favorite TV show? (one drama and one comedy)
5. Do you like reality TV? If so, what are you favorite shows?
(I promise these questions are really important to Jeanette. :) )
6. What is your favorite book?
7. Favorite movie?
8. Favorite song?
(LOL, ok, now we're just being nosy but we want to know you.)
9. If you feel comfortable stating it, what is your age? (It bears no weight in our decision) :)
10. Describe your sense of humor, if you have one.
The call is also going to be posted on ScrapSubmit and the PubCalls Blog. As soon as I have a link, I will put it up here.
**Also,we will have a film crew at SCRAP ETC in Birmingham this weekend, so be sure to come by and say Hi if you are there!
If you want to know more, check out Jeanette's blog!!